Tuesday, November 16, 2010

October

I spent half of October visiting family.  The trip was made by Mary, Abby, Bethany and myself.  Leaving the guys at home to do for themselves.

I left here on the 3rd, heading to Hixson, TN (just outside Chattanooga) to visit my little sister, Tracy and her son, Justin.  Justin and the girls had a good time together.  I got in a short visit with my sister.  The visit all around was too short.  I got to meet Tracy's beau, Kyle.

Then we were off to Lunenburg, VA were my mom lives.  We spent a week there.  The girls all quilted a blanket or two.  After they sewed all the pieces together, they got to use Mom's big quilting machine.  All blankets turned out well.  My brother, Chris and his wife, Denise came up for the long weekend.  Then the baby brother, David popped in for a short visit.  We cleaned out some junk Mom needed taken care of.  I ended up way overloaded with stuff, if I had towed the trailer, I still would have been overloaded (who am I kidding).  During the week, I got to meet some of Mom's friends.  I didn't inherit my people skills from my Mom, which is too bad for me.

Next we were off to see daughter, Jennifer and her family.  We spent a few days there.  Left part of the stuff I had acquired at Mom's. Getting alittle smarter in my old age.

The trip was too short in some parts and too long in others (driving).  We got to see the lovely fall colors of the mountains in VA and TN.  I was feeling less than 100% (who am I kidding less than 60%) the BP meds still have not stabilized and I gotten an infection of some kind on the side of my face (it was very painful).

Then, of course, I was exhausted from traveling and promptly got sick.
 
The MS families gathered on Halloween night for a meal and fun. The kids decorated cookies and bobbed for apples.  A good time was had by all.

One of these days, I will put pics on the blog, but sadly not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment