Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year

Who knows what the New Year will bring?
There are some certainties and always unexpected surprises.
There are always dreams of progress in our lives and there are usually set backs.
My dreams and prayers are always larger than I or my family can attain. I really need to break myself of that.
So what are some of my dreams:
  • To be more self-reliant by gardening, canning, sewing, etc.
  • Improve my home by setting a better example as an adult, a wife, a parent
  • Improve our physical home by getting repairs and improvements done in a timely manner
  • To find my inner peace so that my family will find theirs
So what are my prayers:
  • That my daughters have the births they need and babies to love
  • That my children will learn their place in the world and set goals to attain their dreams
  • That my children who are struggling will find peace
  • That my husband and I will continue having the wonderful relationship, we have had for the past 34 years
  • That those I love and hold dear in my life will be at peace
I know in my heart that all I experience will make me who I need to be for my future. I also know that some days I will appear not to be doing well. I know that I am going to survive all that life gives me or doesn't give me.

2 comments:

  1. Where is Sardis from Tupelo? We aren't too far from there, heading north-ish.
    I'm still adjusting to MS winter...I'm from northern Illinois and this is a major change in climate for me. Summer just about does me in and 'winter' confuses me :o)

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Tupelo, you head west then north for about 1.5 hours

    I have always lived south of the Mason-Dixon line and the weather here isn't much different than where I grew up.

    It would be nice to have a good cold for a bit of time. We haven't had enough to kill off ticks, the last couple years.

    ReplyDelete