Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring Break

So, what did you do for Spring break???
We started a sweat lodge. Which I have since decided it is too big. So I will make another but smaller. The current structure will become a community lodge for sitting in, meditating in, just a general gathering spot. We are working on clearing the property and there are small trees. So we harvested them and made a basic dome structure, interweaving the branches to fill in the gaps. I have planted some snow peas around part of the perimeter (need to finish). The peas will (hopefully) grow up the sides and cover part way up the lodge. If it works I will then plant or station other vining plants to grow there.
I started seeds for some smudging herbs and medicinal herbs and some violets, also.
We planted in 1 of the Square Foot Garden boxes. So far, 2 Cherry tomato plants and Marigolds.
We are trying to get the fall/winter leaf bed raked, composted or burned. Working on general clean-up.
I have a feeling it will be hard to catch us by phone except in the evenings. We have resorted to a walkie-talkie system. One on in the house and one out by the lodge/garden area.
Well, that is where we are at. I will post some pictures of the lodge, under construction as soon as my computer will let me.

1 comment: