Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March Birthdays

Well, late again! It is getting to be a habit with me.
But I must admit one of the birthdays was mine and I tend to place little to no importance to it.
I turned 53 and am not sure if I feel it or younger or older. Probably older many days :?
Then George turned 28 this month also.
George's birth was quite the event. I carried George 44 weeks, he weighed in at 9 lbs. 14 oz. I was having good contractions at 42 weeks but (isn't there always a but), Dan had to go out to sea for 2 weeks. Well, stubborn me said "I won't have a baby without him" so I didn't. George was born within 36 hours of Dan coming home. In attendance at his birth, besides me and his father were the following group of people, Adella (midwife), her apprentice, Susan (our Bradley instructor/friend), my little sister Tracy (who was 11), our children Tiffany, Daniel, & Jennifer and our dear friend Cecilla and her 3 children. Luckily, it wasn't summer or our bedroom would have been very warm with that many people in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment