Saturday, March 7, 2009

Recent Updates

As I sat here thinking I need to post, I wondered what to post about.
Then I looked at the date of my last post. And an old song popped into my head "Time keeps on slippin', slippin into the future."
That is how I feel most days, that time is slipping away. That I am not accomplishing much in my life. That my frustrations are insurmountable. When I get stressed I want to move. And I have been researching the idea. My thing is I believe that if I am suppose to move God will show me the way. But try as I have in the past 17 years, God doesn't seem to want me to move. And so it is again. I am being told "Make peace with your stresses and do the best you can do."

So what have we been doing??
Dan and Nate went to Johnson City, TN area for a Council of Chiefs meeting (an Order of the Arrow thing).
We put gutters up on one side of the house.
I am still working on the gardening boxes. It is going to be slower than expected.
I bought 6 red raspberry plants and 6 black raspberry plants. That is the beginning of our orchard. I plan on putting in Granny Smith apples and a red apple of some sort.
I bought a lavender plant.

What do I hope to be doing this week? If the weather and our schedule permits :?
Planting some seed and my onions in the square foot gardens. And continue working the boxes.
Start working on the format of the herb gardens. Then setting the containers that I currently have (some actually have herbs) in the patterns. I am shooting for a spiral women's herb garden. A medicine wheel herb garden and hoping for a butterfly and moon garden.
And of course, just generally cleaning the property up.
I do have plans to go get updated id cards (Bethany is 10 so illegible now), a base sticker for the van (so I can go up at least every 2 months and do some bulk shopping, if prices are good).
I also plan to go to courthouse and find contact info for who owns vacant lots next to us. We figure if we buy up the lots over the next few years, we will end up with almost 20 acres. That is more practical than moving. SO stresses beware, I am resigned and going to deal with you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment