Friday, December 11, 2009

The Desire to Move-- The Whys

Maybe there is part of me that is gypsy.
Maybe I like to run away when I am too stressed.
Maybe I didn't move enough as Military child and wife.
Maybe I feel betrayed by myself, my family and my social circle.
Maybe I left too many dreams behind and would like to reclaim some of them.
Maybe I left a piece of myself somewhere in my mind and would like to find it.
Maybe change is good for the soul.

I live on a slope, and haven't been able to successfully grow much of anything in almost 20 years. I keep trying but I can only cut down so many trees and I can't cut down the neighbors. Not to mention that slope is midway on the hill. I am between neighbors and a small lake. "A River Runs Through It' describes my property and under my house; when we have anything more than a medium rainy day.

I desire a house that isn't washing away.
I desire a house that has active and passive solar for heat, hot water and most of my electrical needs.
I desire a garden (vegetable, herbal medicinal and culinary), small orchard and a berry plot, poultry (guineas, chickens, turkeys, quail without having to worry about stray dogs) and a beef to raise.
I desire to know someone I can get fresh raw milk from (without out the government being involved).
I desire to have a good friend who is interested in some of the same things I am.


Yes, I know I should have been working on all this for the past 35 years.

This post will be a continuing update.... as I feel up to it and as I get up the nerve to say what I truly feel. I will change the font color when I add something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment