Friday, October 28, 2011

Been Awhile!

Three weeks since my last post...hmm, that coincides with me starting a Master Gardener course.
The Master Gardener program is sponsored through the extension service and in our state MSU (Mississippi State University).  The class has had its ups and downs, in other words, some of the classes have been really good and some really not so good.  The class on lawns really taught me alot, and I was dreading the class because I have no interest in lawns (As my *itchy neighbor would tell you.)  Since starting the class I have brought home 4 Boston ferns, a Jade plant, 3 Aloes, a Ric Rac cactus, a Pregnant Onion, a Pony Tail, a Peace Lily, 3 Trumpet plants, 2 Hibiscus, and Birds Nest plant; all from another participant (she is cleaning out her greenhouse and also doesn't have room for everything).
In the past three weeks, Ben has moved out (heart breaking, he is my baby boy after all) and moved in with a friend in Tupelo.  Nick has been out west traveling and is currently sort-of home packing to leave Saturday to live in New Mexico with a friend.  There is nothing here for my boys and my heart hurts and I cry but I understand them wanting to leave and find a life.
So once Nick is moved out, the house is going to be rearranged.  Mary is moving back home.  So life is never dull and never the same.  But always no less than a half dozen or more people living here :)
We are looking to possibly move to Oxford.  Share a place with Daniel in the Oxford School District. That is hinging on financing and whether Daniel wants to do it.
Part of me wants a homestead that can be self-reliant, part of me wants to be near Camp Yocona, part of me wants to buy a Winnebago and just go....and part of me just wants to crawl back in bed.  So who knows what life will bring because I SURE am not where I planned to be at this stage in my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment