Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The WHY's of Today

Why do we have to hurt so badly for those we have lost?
Why do we have to lose those so young?
Why do we hurt because our children hurt?
Why is this existence so hard?

Yes, I know the religious answer to the last one; so please don't put those preachy comments here.  I know that sounded harsh but right now I am just venting.

Today is the anniversary of our dear sweet Maggie's death, not only do I mourn the loss of a granddaughter but my heart breaks for those she left behind in her household.
I can honestly say that Maggie was a great blessing for my daughter, Jen and her husband, David.  I saw David become the man, he is suppose to be with Maggie's birth.  And he is a good husband and father for it.  It is a hard way to become a man.

On the anniversary of the deaths of our young ones in the family, I tend to think of all the pain in our lives and I cry.  I cry for my own broken heart and for the broken hearts of those I love.

When I think of those others in my life who were not so young, I miss them.  But I remember the love and happy times, and sometimes those not so good memories creep in.

Why am I so deeply and profoundly affected by death?

No comments:

Post a Comment