Monday, November 21, 2011

Prepping for Thanksgiving and Other Holidays!!

Well, we have been rearranging the house to give everyone the best square footage.  It has been slow going and there is still a pile under plastic on the porch.  I think we need a storage shed :(
Rearranged the kitchen, going thru things.  Eventually all plastic will be gone and replaced with glass or stainless. I know, I know many of you think I am crazy.  But I want NO risk of leeching occurring in my home.  Dan has 2 types of Alzheimer's in his family.  And now I have grandchildren around that have concerns for me.  Starting with the plastic, They might microwave in; then I will move on to the storage containers that leftovers are put in.  Then I will move on to the storage containers on the shelves (that may be a bit down the road).
The menu for Thanksgiving has been hammered out.  It is going to be tons of food options.  A friend mentioned in her weekly update, that her husband said something about "her family" gatherings focused on food AND I have felt that way around here for years.  BUT if we still enjoy each others company and don't just quietly sit stuffing our faces what is the harm????
As it has been for a few years now, not everyone will be here :(  Those that aren't here you will be missed.  Know that I love you and I am thankful for the blessings you have brought to my life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment