Monday, March 26, 2012

Random Thoughts

Last night as I was watching Independence Day; Jud Hirsch's character was talking to Jeff Goldblum's character about losing hope.  He said "I haven't talk to God since your mother died"; I then realized something about myself.  I don't think I have talked, oh I have said things and rote prayers; but I haven't talked to God since Maggie came into this world and passed from it.  I have been mad and sometimes when you are mad at someone you shut them out.  I have shut the Creator out of my life and mind.  I am not saying I am ready to open that line of communication but now I am aware of it.
Today is the anniversary of my father's death.  I miss him!  I miss the things he probably would have fussed at me about.  And I miss his sense of humor; which I see in my husband and children.
Sad news for a young lady and her family, she is battling cancer and had hoped for a clean bill of health.  But it didn't come.  The WHY's of it all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment