Sunday, August 12, 2012

Pure Romance National Training

At the beginning of the month, I had the opportunity to go to National Training for Pure Romance (my new home business) in Cincinnati Ohio.
There were sessions on selling your product, how to do parties and other business related items.
I found the motivational speakers and Patty Brisben, herself to be the most helpful.
Patty shared her story with each and every one of us and encouraged us to let go of the toxins in our lives.  We each wrote those toxins on a piece of paper and tore it up and placed it in a trash can.  Patty then stayed up late with some of her staff and personally burned all of our pieces of paper.  Needless to  say the evening was tearful and somber and uplifting.
Brian Biro lead a class on Breaking Through the obstacles that are holding you back in life.  It caused several tearful moments for me.  Then at the end of his talk, we each broke a board (karate style).  On one side of the board, we put an X and an obstacle; then on the other, side we wrote the positive things to come from breaking thorough that obstacle and who we wanted to share it with.  It wasn't until the Third try that I broke that board and it was only with the encouragement of my little sister Tracy and the board holder Deena that I did it.
Connie Podesta was the other speaker who helped me.  She talked about personality types and how to sell to them.  But it was helpful to realize what type personality I have.  And that I need to learn to control some things in my life so I don't change my personality and become someone I am not and don't want to be.
There was also fun parts, like when I participated in a flash mob dance to "Call Me Maybe", the time I spent with my sister, Tracy daughter, Abby and new friends.
So it was a worthwhile trip and I just pray to keep my momentum up.

No comments:

Post a Comment