Saturday, September 1, 2012

Don't Be Ugly or Shove It Down MY Throat

I try, I repeat I try not to impose my opinions on others.  In fact, in spite of the fact that I have a blog I rarely share most of my opinions.  I think it is because I am never sure who will be intolerant of my opinion and unfriend me.  Yes, yes I know the lecture if they can't acccept me for who I am, they aren't really my friend. What can I say I am a CIRCLE :)  But when a person has stayed at home all her life raising children, she may not have many friends, just acquaintances. Which I have found to be really true as of late. Yes, I am pitiful but don't pity me, it was my choice.
I digress!
So in this time of political and economical upheaval, everyone has an opinion.  And it is usually a strong opinion and can get rather contentious and ugly.
I have my political views, my views on social issues, and views on many things even though I have stayed at home and do not have television, I still have views. They are not all uninformed views, either. I try to keep current on the things that are important to me and my family.  I also think I have mastered the art of compromise in 38 years of marriage (Dan actually compromises more than I do) and having almost raised 12 children.
The ugliness will not sway that opinion or view. When will humanity learn to logically present a case, I am not saying  not to be emotional.  I am saying why be SO DAMN ugly!  And in this day of social media, people love to post and re-post a lot of ugliness.  Some mistake the ugliness as humor.  Why is it humorous to be this way.  I must admit chuckling at a few things I know in my heart I shouldn't have, I am far from perfect.  And I pray the universe will not hold my mistakes against me or my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment